A flavorful, spicy seafood pasta that’s easy to make! I finally documented [wrote a recipe for] one of the many pasta dishes I frequent. You can modify this recipe to fit your tastes. There is no denying that the flavors in this dish will have you wanting more. As an avid cook, I’m definitely on auto-pilot […]
Inadvertent birthday (October 16 btw) box! Useful products all around – 4 out of 5 ain’t bad. Just as a reminder…
“Products I don’t use will be combined into a GIVEAWAY. Why not? I don’t like wasting things, but anyway.” UPDATE: The Giveaway boy is pretty much overflowing now so I will be giving away 3 boxes in this December! Keep that in mind if you…
- like free stuff
- would like to gift this to someone during the holidays
- just like entering contests
Be on the lookout for complete contest information after next month’s unboxing/turkey coma.
Join BIRCHBOX!What’s in the BOX:
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (full size 4.23 oz. $34) – I used this exfoliator/enzyme scrub without my Clarisonic and had felt a difference instantly afterward. The texture is similar to micro-beads in your typical microdermabrasion scrub – very fine. It left my face very smooth and soft. As far as buying it again, maybe. Face products essentially are more expensive correlating with quality – except for the standard St. Ives Apricot Scrub in EVERYONE’S bathroom.
- Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (full size 15 mL. $14.50) – Basically all this is, is glorified lanolin – think a thicker more tacky vaseline. This was meh, but it’s Fall so I will use it. The product description notes: This versatile lip balm and gloss also heals cuticles, split ends, sunburns, and even diaper rash.
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum (full size 3.4 fl oz. $98) – This parfum reminds me of a more fancy Jean Nate. It’s slightly woody/musky so I’d say it’s more of a night-time fall scent. I’m more into fruit and citrus notes but this isn’t that strong/off-putting.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner (full size 0.04 oz./$16) - One of you will be winning this eyeliner. I received this in silver.
- DevaCurl No-Poo™ – Cleanse (full size 32 oz. $39.95) - Was surprised by this sample but pleasantly. I’ve always wanted to try the DevaCurl line as a natural head but always forget when it comes time to buy new goods. What perfect timing at that, as Friday is wash day and I’ll be doing a henna gloss (which is known to dry out hair a bit so I’ll be able judge the effectiveness). Hair product pricing is too damn high! However, with the amount they provide you’re roughly paying $1.25 per oz – so it’s not THAT bad.
This was a nice birthday BIRCHBOX. Only one total loss (your gain) but all in all some nice product samples this time around.
|courtesy of Graphic Design USA|
I am among those selected for logo design for the 2014 American Graphic Design Awards (AGDA) – brought to you by GD USA. The logo for Global Impact Opportunities was selected and is going to be published in the November/December GD USA magazine, online, digital annual and iPad App. I will post more info once I receive the issue/online linkage.
Thanks to GD USA for providing me with the opportunity to continue thriving creatively!
|Global Impact Opportunities Logo|
More info on the contest…
The American Graphic Design Awards is our five decade old flagship competition, and is open to everyone in the graphic arts community – graphic design firms, advertising agencies, inhouse corporate and institutional designers, publishers and other media. Winners will receive an embossed Certificate of Excellence for each piece selected and become eligible for reproduction in the Graphic Design USA Awards Annual in print, on the web, and on our iPad App — seen by over 100,000 colleagues and clients each year.
September already!? This is a good and useful box to kick off the fall with. 5 out of 6 with only one complete miss isn’t bad at all. Just as a reminder…
“Products I don’t use will be combined into a GIVEAWAY. Why not? I don’t like wasting things, but anyway.”
Join BIRCHBOX!What’s in the BOX:
- Avène Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser (full size 6.74 fl oz. $20) – I used this PH balanced cleanser with my Clarisonic. I will say it is gentle yet effective on oily skin. The gel leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed. It lathers up very well for having no soap. The cleanser is a bit drying so I recommend using a good moisturizer afterward. I would consider purchasing this and checking out the rest of Avène’s product line.
- Harvey Prince Hello (full size 50 mL. $55) – Definitely a bright citrusy scent. I’m surprised it wasn’t overwhelming with the floral notes. A little goes a long way. I’d say this is a more of a Summer day perfume but the warm/crisp fragrance will be nice in the Fall.
- Macadamia Professional™ Healing Oil Spray (full size 2 oz. $14.50) – This basically a finishing spray to add sheen to your style. It gets the job done as noted. I use the Macadamia Professional Healing Treatment serum with amazing results after blow outs. I probably wouldn’t buy this since I prefer the serum.
- TEMPTU S/B Highlighter (full size 1 oz./$27.50) - And here’s the miss. This is a silicone based highlighter for contouring (makeup). I received it in champagne shimmer and one lucky person will receive it in the giveaway box.
- TOCCA Crema da Mano – Hand Cream (full size 2 OZ. $10) - Not much to say here. It is a green tea and lemon (Bianca) scented hand lotion. It is very soft and light. With Fall on the way hand creams/lotion are a plus.
- BIRCHBOX FIND: ChapStick hydration lock Day/Night (full size 0.154 $TBD) - An extra treat this month with ChapStick’s new dual day/night stick. Also, just in time for Fall! Can never have enough chapstick in general. The 2 in 1 combo is very convenient. I’d buy this if I saw it in store.
This was a great box to kick off Fall with. Nothing to fancy-schamncy or unusable (minus the make up of course).